Tuesday, March 19, 2013

cullen


The Lab
At 2am my friends and I are just now walking through my house's door from a night of "turnt up" functioning. As all my homies go pass out, I go lock myself in the lab, my favorite place to be. As I press the record button I hear a sharp, distinct "click" noise. Once I hear that unmistakable sound, I know its now my time. My brain, at the very peak of its prime, moves from word to word with agility. Each rhyme colliding with the next, smashing them back to back, creating syllables in an almost perfect parallel tandem of tempo. Jam packing every second with as many rhymes as I can muster, it all flows from my brain almost subconsciously. My words keep coming in that manner, stacking together perfectly, like Lego's. After I've stacked as high as possible and am finished building my master piece, I take a step back and inspect my handy work from a distance. Doing this has changed how my eyes see. It makes all the small bits and pieces of creation, the most important parts. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYKcGQCVek&safe=active 
I picked this song because the beautiful intricate lyricism of it would fall apart without all the little simple words connecting the bigger ideas of the creation. 

 taken by: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Galak76

1 comment:

  1. I like the line “The smooth elegance of the beat becomes a woman’s beautiful sensual curves”. I like it because this is a very decent using of the personification. Just perfectly fit in the scene.
    You also have many other very good personification. Through your reading, I can definitely feel how much you love music.

    Comment by: Shirley C

    ReplyDelete